- Many of OCEA’s programs, services, and benefits are delivered through its committees.
- The OCEA President appoints committee Chairpersons and members.
- Committee members are ESPs and teachers who volunteer their time to assist their colleagues through committee work.
- Committee activities are determined by the Goals and Objectives of the Association and approved by the Association Representatives
Joint Committees with SDOC
Bargaining Leadership Teams
Teacher Chief Negotiator Janet Moody | ESP Chief NegotiatorBarbara Gleason
- The Bargaining Leadership Teams members are recommended by the OCEA President each spring.
- They meet monthly with the District to develop a strong contract for our members.
- The Team also meets the Monday prior to meeting with the District to develop a strategy.
Focus Groups are based on the needs of our members. Each group is independent of each other and develops the direction in which they operate.
- ESE Focus Group
- African American Focus Group
- Latino Focus Group
- Media Specialists
- Republican Focus Group
- Democratic Focus Group
Union Management Meetings
Union Management Meetings provide our ESP members with the opportunity to meet with the District employees which oversee each job family. Often resolutions are developed which assist out members in being successful in his/her daily jobs.
- Extended Day